Probate Litigation

Do You Have Questions About The Probate Of An Estate?

When an individual dies, in many cases the property of their estate must be processed via probate. During probate, the assets of the deceased are determined and then distributed. This may be done by a will or, in the absence of a will, by Louisiana's intestate succession laws. Sometimes the estate contains trusts that control some assets.

The executor or personal representative has a fiduciary responsibility for administering the estate and ensuring that the wishes of the deceased are carried out. If you have questions or concerns regarding the probate process, you may need to speak with a lawyer to help determine if the concerns raise issues that require probate litigation to resolve. Burke & Cestia Attorneys at Law can help answer those questions and, when necessary, begin litigation to prevent the improper handling of the probate administration.

Numerous issues may develop before and during the administration of an estate, including:

  • Contesting a will
  • Questions of undue influence
  • Will and trust construction
  • Life gifts and questionable transfers
  • Concealment of assets
  • Inheritance disputes
  • Guardianships

Live Out Of State?

In some cases, you may live outside of Louisiana, but have relatives or family in the New Iberia area. You may be lawfully entitled to a share of an estate, and are worried that something seems wrong or unusual in the way the estate is being handled or something does not seem right in how property is being distributed.

Our attorneys have decades of experience with estate planning, trust drafting and probate administration. We understand the fiduciary duties owed to the estate and the heirs and we can provide knowledgeable representation if you need to bring a will contest or question the distribution of assets.

Contact Our Attorneys Today

Mishandling of probate can lead to wasting of assets and loss of your inheritance. If something seems unusual, don't delay. Call us at 337-365-6628 or use our online form and we will contact you to answer your questions or concerns.